*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978802-The-Seventh-Seal
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#978802 added March 22, 2020 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
The Seventh Seal
30DBC: Write a letter to your younger self. Tell them about something or someone they should be wary of as they move through life and about a specific event they should look forward to.

You should have bloodied a few noses.

Sat in detention, turned your anger outward rather than inward. Maybe someone would've helped.

But you wouldn't have grown up to be me.

Maybe that would've been best, along with new eyes and enough food to grow strong and straight. At least they sank a fortune in fixing your buck-teeth.

Maybe you should have trusted them, reached out, made peace.

Bitterness doesn't heal wounds.

The scars you bear are worse than flesh-deep.

Oh, you'll survive long enough to make loneliness your friend. Too bad you never trusted anyone except ... but even then you felt betrayed.

You will look forward to meeting Death. Like Max van Sydow in "The Seventh Seal" you'll play a game of chess, always knowing you cannot win, always befuddled by Life's twists and turns before the expected end, happy to leave hand-in-hand when the game's over.

Until then, don't listen to anything I've said.
1.690

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978802-The-Seventh-Seal