*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979194-Signed-the-neighbors-cat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#979194 added March 25, 2020 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
Signed, the neighbor's cat.
30DBC: "I need your help to fill the Challenge War Chest! In your entry today, write at least three prompts you’d like to see used in future rounds of the 30DBC. Then, choose one of your own (or one from someone else if you aren’t the first to post) to write your entry on."

1. Charlie ~ posted this prompt for MHWA: "What movies, tv shows, or books are totally overrated in your opinion? Which are underrated?" I think that "songs", "poems", "essays" could be added. IMHO: the clue is 1. the dichotomy of under/over and 2. having more than one choice. An example of a too-narrow prompt would be: "what romance novel is the best" or "which 1990s song makes you want to gag?" Because ... I don't have the interest nor knowledge to even begin to write to either.

2. Those silly '20 questions' on facebook are annoying because they either give away personal info or don't apply (like ... what was the name of your first dog/cat has been used for security ... so ... no, myob. Or what's the color of your first car ... because not everybody drives). That said there are amusing examples out there. Add to note: "5 questions, not 20 and tell the truth, tell a lie, be humorous, be creative" might give you my answer to one yesterday:

1. Something people hate to find on their windshield? the neighbor's puppy.
2. Something a man might buy before going on date? the neighbor's puppy.
3. Something you cook in the microwave? the neighbor's puppy.

Signed,

The Neighbor's Cat.


3. What's 'normal' or 'back to normal' mean to you?

I commented to something Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl! posted:

"I wish I had family and friends to hug. My family lives nowhere close and friends? Ah ... that's an essay. Can we bring back the 1980s or 90s. I used to have lots of friends. Now? I look forward to travel, meeting new people, eating interesting food. For me movement = life, and sitting at home is like sleep, a 'little death'."

4. I like it when (insert name) says/does x, y ,z. I don't like it when (same name) does/says a, b, c. I think this would apply well to politics. One of the issues here on WdC is that people shy away from discussing religion or politics because (insert reason) and on spacebook it's s***-flinging which, imho, is no better. The inability of writers to communicate or critically think? Heaven help us all.

A. I like it when Donald Trump makes us question how things are done.
B. I don't approve of Mr. Trump when he demeans and demonizes others.

My overall personal opinion of him isn't printable here ...

5. Religion needs a prompt. Not sure I can come up with one other than "which is your favorite version of the "golden rule" and WHY". Why is important ... I can look up the golden rule on the internet ... but I'd rather know why (personally) and maybe how you apply it.

There are various forms in the Baha'i Faith. One is "Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself. And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that which thou choosest for thyself. Ascribe not to any soul that which thou wouldst not have ascribed to thee, and say not that which thou doest not." For me it's more empathetic than a quid-pro-quo "don't hurt me and I won't hurt you" and demands thinking of others rather than oneself. An example: I try not to negatively label others ... having been called names throughout life ... but this is still a struggle for me.
1.721

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979194-Signed-the-neighbors-cat