*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979747
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#979747 added April 27, 2020 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
March 30 Blog Challenge
I must start this off with these words—if only to provide context when this fails—I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. And fair warning: I am not positive most days. I am sarcastic, pessimistic, aloof, but not positive.


FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


If we are supposed to be honest then I suppose that is the only easy part. I don't usually disclose my feelings on certain matters because I deem it useless or weak but we're writers, and if you can't show some part of yourself to your readers then how can you call yourself one? With that in mind I need to say this: Everything about this challenge is terrifying to me.

I really just do not understand how this competition is supposed to work or how to correctly fill the spot I need to in order to stay in the group. But that doesn't mean I will quit; my wonderful mind would never let me stop replaying the memory if I left. No, I will stay and try to at least make that snarling dark voice in my head quiet.

So, the topic up for discussion today dear readers is: quotes. And more specifically, a quote by a madman. Who is this person you ask? Why, he is Tiberius Claudius Nero, the second emperor to Rome. He was cruel to his people and while his reign did not last long, his name is still widely known. When Rome burned on July of 64 AD, during a time that came to be nicknamed the "Great Fire of Rome", Emperor Nero sat in his home doing nothing while houses and shops burned (or so the story is told).

Now that you know one more useless history fact, lets get to the quote shall we?

"Qualis artifex peror!"
- Emperor Nero


This roughly trandlates to "What an artist dies in me!" Those were his last words and some I find very interesting. He loved to play the fiddle and as a child entertained the people who came to his mother's parties, though they would remark that he was not very good. He was arrogant, cold, and cruel, though so are many of us. When I read that quote I strive to do the opposite with my actions, if only to help appease my thoughts.

© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979747