*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980320-Woking-In-The-Garage
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#980320 added April 5, 2020 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
Woking In The Garage
I've spent the morning working on a project to make a cheater cleat to shut off water valves. This is the second one I've made, As you get older your strength weakens and you can't do what you used to do. The need for the second is the location, opposite ends of the yard one's in the back the other out front.

The other project I did this morning was to use a router to make an indentation in a piece of plywood I'm now using to lower my keyboard. I took a small board to change the angle of the keyboard, and I used a hand planer to wittle down the size and angle. I cut a 1/4 inch piece of plywood to lay over my middle drawer of my desk, it was this piece I used the router on. So far it's working as intended.

I'm a hobbit welder, and I like to make things. I'm not an artist nor am I a craftsman. The things I make with iron or wood are functional not pretty. There is a couple in my Sunday school class who are artist, in fact Richard has some of his work hanging in the Smithsonian in Washington DC. They try to tell me I'm an artist and I tell them no way.

I decided to work inside since the wind is blowing at 20 mph and the temp is 50 degrees and climbing slowly. I know I need to take my dog out and I will a little latter, but I'm not looking forward to it. Rain is scheduled (per the computer & weather man) for the next four days, so I'll miss out if I don't get moving.

Life Is Good - God Bless

© Copyright 2020 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980320-Woking-In-The-Garage