*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980376-A-Past-Event
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#980376 added April 6, 2020 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
A Past Event
Family

Thursday, November 6, 2014
3:42 AM


Family is the commodity you can’t change. With friends and acquaintances if you disagree or are hurt by them you can turn your back and let them go. With family you cannot, you are connected weather you like it or not. We can distance ourselves from the offending person or persons but we are connected by a umbilical cord, we share the blood that flows through our veins.

Is blood thicker than water? When you grow up in a close family that does things together you don’t think about differences. We are peas from the same pod but each pea is evolving differently. Sometime those differences don’t come to life until we get older. What once was a cohesive family can become split and shattered.

Each pea has developed differently from the others, and when you loose the person who kept the pod together you begin to see and feel those differences. You never give any thought about how someone will react. A simple act of kindness given in time of need may be seen by the others as a means of getting one up on the other.

Feelings and emotions that have been festering for years come out. Words spoken and written cannot be taken back and the anger and vile thoughts expressed are like bombs going off. Each word cuts at that umbilical cord until the separation is complete.

Forgiveness can be given, but if you feel that someone you have nurtured and helped over the years can come to that conclusion, then you wonder if staying connected is worth it.

This is one scenario of a family gone wrong. There are so many more with children and parents. How do we make amends? What can be done to take away the hurt and bad feelings? Is there a simple answer or is this a lost cause?

Family love um and hate um, but they are what made us. Staying connected is the best scenario but it doesn’t always work out.

© Copyright 2020 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980376-A-Past-Event