*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980396
Rated: GC · Book · Music · #2218303
Where music moves me. Here are my stories. Album #1
#980396 added April 6, 2020 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Can I Sit Next To You Girl
"Can I Sit Next To You Girl"

Well I met this girl for the first time on Saturday night
Standing in the queue at the Odeon alright
Oh I took her by surprise
When I gave her one of my lines
She started smiling at me real fine, ha
That's when I said

Can I sit next to you girl, can I sit next to you girl
Can I sit next to you girl, can I sit next to you girl
Can I sit next to you?

Intermission, we were doing alright
'Til this guy came up and stood by her side
Oh I took him by surprise
When I gave him one of my lines
She started smiling at me real fine
And that's when I said

Can I sit next to you girl, can I sit next to you girl
Can I sit next to you girl, can I sit next to you girl
Can I sit next to you, can I sit next to you
Yeah, I wanna
So let me!

Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, and then take you home
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, lick your ear
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
C'mon!

Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I sit next to you, girl
Can I sit next to you, girl, can I?


*Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet**Music1**Bullet**Music2**Bullet*


She first noticed him while riding home from work. The bus was hot, crowded and he was sitting across from her and staring intently. It made her uncomfortable. She stared out the grimy window and ignored him. A week later, he was standing in line behind her at the movie theater. Smiling and joking with the people in the queue, he was friendly and his eyes stayed on her.

She was laughing as she handed her ticket to the guy at the door.

He sidled in next to her. "I see we're going to the same flick. Can I sit next to you?"

She shrugged. "I don't mind."

They settled in with their drinks and popcorn. He kept up his chatter, leaning close and talking quietly so as not to upset anyone, even though the movie hadn't started. "You're beautiful. I can't believe I'm actually sitting next to you."

She smiled and said nothing, focusing on the start of the movie. But every time she looked over at him, he was staring at her, not watching the movie. It started to feel uncomfortable.

As the lights came up after the movie, he slid through the row behind her and asked if she'd like to go out for a drink or coffee. There was a restaurant with a bar next door so she agreed. His hand slid under her elbow as they walked out of the theater. It was nice, gentlemanly. She sat on a barstool in the after-theater crowd and he stood next to her as there were no other seats available. His arms caged her in her seat as he spoke with his mouth so close to her ear he could probably lick it.

"I know where you live." He smiled, like he knew some big secret. "I live right down the block. I've seen you in the neighborhood for years." His hand trailed down her arm, sending tingles and goosebumps over the skin. "I guess you could say I've had a secret crush on you."

Alarm bells started going off in her head. This was confirmation of all the weird feelings she would get while lounging at home. Like someone was watching. She'd shake off the creepy feelings and get back to her television program, or whatever. She needed to get the hell out of here. And fast. This was like the beginning of a horror flick.

Setting her drink down and excusing herself for the ladies room, she typed a quick note to her brother. Her brother was a biker. He'd bring some friends and sort this out. She went back out to the bar and the guy was waiting. As she slid into her seat, her phone beeped with her brother's message. "Be right there."

Not fifteen minutes later, she heard the rumble of bikes outside. Her brother and three friends entered, surveying the bar and spotting her sitting trapped in her seat again. He smiled and strode up to the guy. "I think your date is over, my friend."

"Who are you?" The guy tried to push past her brother. "You need to mind your own business. I just wanted to sit with the lady" He managed to get past and walked out the door without a glance back.

She knew the guy was going to meet some other bikers when he got out to the parking lot. And she didn't think he'd enjoy the encounter.

"You okay?" Her brother hugged her tight.

"I'm all right. But I think he's been stalking my place for a while. He lives nearby." She shivered and leaned into her brother's arms.

"Let's go. I'll make sure he's watched until he decides to move. I don't imagine that will take long."

She smiled at her brother. "You're my hero."

He just laughed and hugged her tight. "That's my job, little sis."


642 words


© Copyright 2020 Legerdemain (UN: legerdemain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Legerdemain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980396