*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980644-Jun-3-2020-Spiritual-Newsletter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#980644 added June 3, 2020 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
Jun 3, 2020 Spiritual Newsletter
Research

Editor's Picks

1. Lost Again Jesus Where Are You
2. Enrichment
3. The Great Unifiers
4. Where To Meet God
5. Higher Power
6. The Turning Point
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

Prayer and Meditation

Heading 2

Prayer and meditation are parts of a successful spiritual strategy.

Hook

Do you meditate before or after you pray?

About This Newsletter


"Silence is the great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence. The great Sufi poet Rumi wrote, Only let the moving waters calm down, and the sun and moon will be reflected on the surface of your being."
Deepak Chopra


"True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that - it is spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth."
Charles Spurgeon

Letter From the Editor

Prayer and meditation are both important parts of a daily spiritual practice. Sometimes it does not seem like a person has time for either one or both; however--as I have found--that is not true. A prayer whispered at noon, allows me a moments reprieve from the mundane chores of everyday life, and refreshes both mind and soul. I have found, that If one wakes up every few hours during the night, a prayer and a moment of meditation will clear the mind and help one sleep.

One thing I have found, after years of trying to find the best method of meditating, is that I need to meditate of an evening before going to sleep. I read one of the prayers revealed by Baha'u'lllah, the Bab, or 'Abdu'l-Baha, before starting to meditate because the prayers silence the thoughts that run through my mind when I meditate. It also helps me solve or deal with any problem I have faced during the day.

When I have a problem to solve. First, I say a prayer. Second, I meditate on the problems. Third, I come to a solution. Fourth, I carry out the solution to the best of my ability.

Do you have a specific way to meditate or pray? Do you have a favorite prayer? Do you have a specific time to meditate and pray? Do you have any questions for me? Please let me know.

Editors Picks

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2195235 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Time to talk with God is
         what I want. To share with
         the Father is what I need to
         do. I want to tell him what I
         did today, I hope he has the
         time.

 
STATIC
Enrichment   (E)
A unique encounter with a poor man at the mall.
#2221511 by Don Two

Excerpt: “When life gives you marshmallows, roast them.” said the bearded man in the Food Court.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2216435 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Far from here
         exists a prison
         made of nought
         but pitch-black fires.
         Behind bars
         built from abscission
         keystones wrought
         make all transpire.

 Where to Meet God  (E)
Sometimes we meet Him and just don't recognize Him.
#2210511 by G. B. Williams

Excerpt: Many of us are waiting to meet God, and that is a good thing.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2181933 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Those who claim that God is dead
Should maybe cradle baby's head,

 The Turning Point  (E)
This is the story of my pilgrimage to Taize and subsequent spiritual awakening
#2185089 by Prodigal

Excerpt: As I knelt there in the Church of Reconciliation in the little village of Taize in France, I wondered how and why it should all have come to this.

Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests


Lilith of House Martell writes: Thank you for all the Amazon book recommendations! Great picks! Also, a wonderfully thoughtful newsletter, thank you!

Quick-Quill writes: My mother is 92 years old. She doesn’t need any more katchkeys. A Card and a visit will do. Maybe an edible arrangement

Sunny writes: Prosperous Snow celebrating Thank you so much for the mention in your newsletter!

© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980644-Jun-3-2020-Spiritual-Newsletter