*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980984
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#980984 added April 13, 2020 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
How to begin a writing career.
How to begin writing?





I would start by writing whatever comes to mind, five minutes a day minimum. Then, later, spending at least five minutes a day with some kind of outlining stories, also 'whatever comes to mind.' And reading, at least five minutes a day, but realistically leaving at least thirty minutes, jotting any thoughts about technique during or after. In order, this creates fluency of writing, fluency of story, and knowledge of technique.


Outlining can be as simple as just writing sentences with "I want to..." "So I..." "Hoping that..." "Fearing that..." "Instead..." "So I..." This creates a fluency of story.


Read some kind of story for at least half an hour (start with five minutes because this is easier, just don't break the chain more than one day). Then if you note anything about craft, write it down, I.E. stuff that had you riveted or stuff that had your mind wandering, and guesses as to why. This adds to your knowledge and curiosity about technique.


All told this will educate the writer within.





For those who have not read about mini-habits, it is good to begin this with a low standard for easy success. So any time that you complete the first five minutes goal you have done your duty and should consider your efforts a complete success. This will build your habit. At some point you will be motivated and, if you begin, you will continue--but inspiration only comes to the aid of those who begin! So make a point of opening your journal and typing/scribbling a few words every single day without fail!





These five minutes should be guarded as if they are the seed of your writing career, and all your hopes and dreams rest on doing it this day.

© Copyright 2020 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980984