*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982099-Staying-At-Home
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982099 added April 26, 2020 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
Staying At Home
How has your idea of lockdown/quarantine changed since the beginning of this month?


owl for signature use *MugR*


RECLUSIVE


Even though I'm severely introverted it took me a long time to realize the safety in being a recluse.

I always gravitated to friendships with animals and birds. My interest in gaining knowledge of obscure types helped me understand a lot about human relationships. Then, I went to college as an adult and professors helped me chose classes and learn things that other people learn at a younger age. Just social skills with humans, which I lack on a major basis.

I used to read a lot of Psalms when I was a child. My Grandfather, who lived in Florida, sent me a New Testament which included a copy of the Psalms. The Psalms are still one of my favorite books of the bible. They are poetic and musical. Some are attributed to David, an Israeli King. Before he, David, was a king, he was a child who was sent out to guard the sheep. He sang to them and played his Lute? He protected them with his life and he thought deep thoughts in the night as he watched the stars over head or sheltered from storms in a tent. I think reading them will tell you thoughts that all people have no matter how alone you are or what kind of society you live in or what your life style may be. It's true they show a religious dependence on God, but in the end the Psalms and Proverbs describe every type of human action people may encounter in life.

So, I had a premonition and grocery shopped in March for something that was headed our way. I usually only go out about once a month for groceries. Now it has been 7 weeks since I was any where. I take walks with my dog. Last week I went down to the mail box and a female neighbor was driving her lawn mower down the road with a cart full of mulch. We exchanged smiles and waves. Which is what we would have done on any other day.

When they closed down everything in April K first went on a 14 day leave then the auto sale where he works closed for the rest of the month. He spends a lot of time on Facebook talking to his relatives and some acquaintances. He is a people person so this is more a problem to him. Not being able to just get in the car and go somewhere.

I'm using the time to reorganize and clean in places I have not bothered with for a long time. I'm reading books and putting together puzzles and watching some TV and playing Township on my Kindle.

Yesterday the sun was shining. I straightened up the front porch and then sat in a porch swing and just listened to spring. Robins were singing. Red squirrels were chattering and chasing up and down trees. A normal spring day except--no traffic on the road at all. Not one car drove by the whole time I was outside. That was normal for this road when I was 16 but not normal now. Usually lots of traffic all day long.

We watched a program this week on PBS about what is coming to everyone environmentally in the next few years. More storms, severe environmental changes, possibly more viruses to fight. Then on the news NBC or CBS they did a comparison of the atmosphere in different places before April and now when so much transportation has been stopped. The pictures in some of places showed marked changes in the atmosphere--fewer smog, clearer pictures. They showed the massive amounts of solar panels and wind mills going up in places. The UK has huge massive windmills in the waters off their coast. So, perhaps we are fighting a virus problem that can be stopped by staying at home. But, it is obvious that it will change a lot of attitudes. Many people will learn how to be less social and enjoy and relax more quiet.

I think there will be a lot of changes before this is finished maybe good maybe bad depending on what you expect out of life. This is a good time to learn to live in the moment one day at a time.

In the meantime I'm just here..

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982099-Staying-At-Home