*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982269-Whats-New
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982269 added April 28, 2020 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
What's New?
Have you learned anything or acquired any habits during this quarantine/lock-down that you plan on keeping with you and/or practicing once it is lifted?


Fairy playing a flute*MugLP*


Two Quotes :

Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health.

Dalai Lama



You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Dan Millman


https://www.wiseoldsayings.com/keep-calm-quotes/

HABITUAL CHANGE



I guess the fact that K is home 24/7 is the only new thing. For the last 40 years, he was in the habit, if he had time off work, of making up some excuse every day to get in the car and go somewhere. Now, he virtually stays home 24 hours of the day. He suffers more from cabin fever than I do. Still, he is getting along better than I would have expected.

Once in awhile I get antsy just because he is here all the time. I'm used to having some time to myself each week. So, this is different. This morning it was actually kind of fun to pitch out the pony manure from the barn and drive the 4 wheeler and cart out to the field to spread it. It's time to start picking up wind falls from the yard before the grass gets to high to see the smaller branches. I believe we will have to start mowing the yard any day soon. I'm looking forward to more outdoor work as the spring moves into summer. Lots to do before next fall hits.

As far as I can figure, I have not acquired any new habits. I've been doing some shopping online for a couple years but, now I will be extending the way I shop online. I like grocery shopping online but, there are some benefits to buying groceries in stores too.One of them is you get to actually look at merchandise-size, material, weight, when you touch it. Clothing and shoes also, I'm going to buy new tennis shoes and I'm hard to fit so buying shoes online is a scary thing for me.

We will see if they extend or open stores around. This really isn't over. There are now 4 cases of corona in a community just 2 miles away. K read that the Amish are continuing to have regular gatherings. My son and I have discussed how when people are turned loose there will probably be a surge of cases in the rural area because people here are adverse to wearing masks. The very fact that they are used to being isolated in their homes because of being rural seems to make them less cautious than a city dweller would be. Also, there are lots of people who don't even get flu shots,

Health care use to belong to people who had extra good jobs. The rest of us had none. My children grew up without us having any special access to health care. If we had flu we just lived through it. If we had colds we got over them.

As a child I was use to going outside to play in rain, snow, and sleet. The biggest caution was not to go out during thunder and lightning of which there seems to me to be a great deal more, than when I was a child. Even then I could play in the barn. It had a lightning rod on top.





ALWAYS EXPECT NEW BEGINNINGS
*Globe*


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982269-Whats-New