*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982322-Sailing-Time-in-Thought
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982322 added April 29, 2020 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sailing Time in Thought
How have you been (or not been) keeping track of the days?

owl for signature use *Boat2*


Quotes for today come from: https://www.nsc.org/company/safety-quotes

1. “We must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

– Former U.S. President John F. Kennedy

2. “Teaching the world to be careful is a constructive service worthy of God’s great gift of life to man."

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harold H. Burton (1946)

3. “The safety of the people shall be the highest law."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher born in 106 BC

I found a lot of really good thoughts on this page of quotes. I wasn't sure which ones to share so I linked it.


Days of The Year, Month??


My phone is with me constantly so if I need to check the day or time, there it is. When I sit down to a computer the date and time are in the lower right hand corner. If I'm on a kindle I tap the screen and there it is yep, date and time.

If I turn on the TV yep, you guessed i,t date and time. And, me, I just don't always look sometimes I'm reading, look up and it's time to fix lunch or time to do evening chores or past time for the 6 o"clock news. I'm reminded like this every day to the point when I wonder why.

When I was growing up on this piece of property we rarely looked at a clock. The adults may have kept time of day but, not the kids.

Now, if I look up from a book and look out a window I can pretty much tell it's time to do evening chores or if I have some time to read more of my story. It's the way the light hits the East or West windows that tells me. So, if all the time pieces cease I bet I'll still be pretty close to a daily schedule.

I would wonder why people over the years cared about time but, it's obvious they did because sun dials, clocks, and time pieces of all kinds continue to be manufactured and used. Now we use the world clock to keep us synced.

I read a book about the comparison of the science of Physics and Christianity. It had a thought to ponder. "What is it going to be like to not have time as a stabilizing factor in life or to never age or never live on an aging schedule? To be free of all constraints of time and dates?

Pandemic keeps us home. We are free though, to rise or sleep or garden, or play games never worry about getting to a meeting or work or time. Try it. Think if you have to get to a meeting in heaven how it just happens without time or date involvement. I can't even express what occurs in my mind with a thought like this. The apostles must have experienced some real win-gee thinking as they followed The Christ around. *Think*


Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne *FlowerV*


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982322-Sailing-Time-in-Thought