*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982336-Time
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2220524
My first attempt at something like this so it should be an interesting ride.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#982336 added April 29, 2020 at 5:13pm
Restrictions: None
Time
Any day, the 12th of never

Week 1 of my isolation was quite easy to keep up with the days.

Week 2 I lost a Tuesday. I don’t know where it went. It’s out there somewhere.

Week 3 I realized that I didn’t need to know what day it was. If I forgot that it was Saturday, there was no live sport to miss. It didn’t matter if I went to Walmart on a Thursday instead of Friday. Netflix doesn’t have a fixed schedule so I can watch a movie at 9am on a Monday or 10pm on a Friday.

Week 4 I can’t remember that week.

Week 5 I needed to claim unemployment benefit, so I had to refer to a calendar. That got me back to taking note of what day it was and building some kind of new structure in this unfathomable world.

Week 6 I was glad I was taking note of what day it was because my brother’s sixtieth birthday had snuck up on me.

Now that I have a good handle on the days, I have to keep a check of time.

I live in San Diego so obviously I’m on Pacific time. My daughter lives in England on British summer time. And my son and his family live in Perth Australia on some time in the future!

So, if I want to talk to my daughter, I must make sure that I don’t call after 1400 Pacific because she will probably be sleeping after that time.

If I want to speak to my son his wife and my grandkids I must call after 1600 Pacific. Because of the time difference they live in the future. We often joke that my today is his yesterday and his today is my tomorrow.

Time, it’s all relative.


© Copyright 2020 Toffeeman1957 (UN: toffeeman1957 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Toffeeman1957 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982336-Time