*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982540-May-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#982540 added May 2, 2020 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
May Day
Okay - so I am in one of those states that is 'opening'. Montana has the distinction of being on the outer fringes of the virus epidemic. We are rural. We are a generally law-abiding people. The town I live in has about 2,000 persons. And as far as we know, we had only one case of this sickness, and that person has recovered per popular rumor.

We are glad things are trying to get back to normal here. But to tell you the truth, nothing really changed here. The grocery stores were always open, the hardware store was always open, the banks were always open, the pharmacy was always open, the restaurants still had carry-out. You could still go to the post office and still get gas. So really the only shops closed were two thrift stores and a flower shop. Oh, and the two hair salons.

Very few people are wearing masks.

Now just 50 miles down the road you have the biggest city in Montana, Billings, and things there are very different. Many people wear masks. Many more people mean many more risks and many more that have had or still have the virus.

We all pray this craziness will be over soon. I saw many children playing at the playground today. Seems staying in the house on this 1st day of May when the sun was shining in Montana and it wasn't snowing was just too restrictive. Can't blame them. I was out there walking and enjoying the day as well.

Stay safe everyone.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982540-May-Day