*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982644-Relax
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982644 added May 3, 2020 at 5:03pm
Restrictions: None
Relax??
What do you do you relax and unwind in the evening? Paint us a picture of your ideal relaxation *Sleeping*

owl for signature use*Sword2R*




Quote: “

“Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” –Chinese Proverb https://www.skipprichard.com/24-quotes-to-help-you-relax-when-youre-stressed/

{CALM AND COMFORTABLE


I define evening as anytime after chores are finished. In the winter it can be as early as 3 p.m. In the summer as late as 6 or 7 p.m. I've always been a day person, defined by lengths of day light.

I do Mindfulness to relieve stress any time of the day. If it's special stressing. I can do it for very short periods of time in seconds if I have to keep calm because of an outside influence.

Just before going to sleep I read scripture or a book, sometimes if I want to learn something I study or read about it just before sleep. I can play music as I fall asleep sometimes. I like new age music and music that relaxes me with words I appreciate or instrumentals, in the evening.

If it is a true invasive thought thundering against my mind I have mantras that clear them out. If necessary, I might do some Tai Chi or yoga forms to peaceful music. The movements, exercise, and sounds can loosen tenseness and put me in the frame of mind to sleep. Breathing exercises are a great help for tension.

I try not to schedule to much work in one day so I have time to relax and enjoy a TV show or read, do a puzzle, play Township early in the evening.

Sometimes now since the middle of March I am working on a special project around home. I've become aware that there are a lot of things that need to get done before winter hits again. So, I pick one project and do a total fix than go back to just regular housework or barn work for a few days. So, far that has worked to get reorganization on two floors done.

Sometime this week I want to start the back porch. The roof is leaking and there are squirrels invading the house from the roof. I think they made the roof leak too. I just read an article in Game News about red squirrels and the damage they can do if they get in. I'm going to eject the little monsters. They have lots of trees they can live in it's my house.*Laugh*

Don't forget, at my age I can leave a job for a day if it gets to be a problem. Every day I quit by putting away tools and cleaning up a mess if I made one. That actually aides stress by giving me a chance to decide to continue the next day or just take a day off from that particular job. Some steady progress is better than no progress.

I really like to sit on the back porch in the summer it's quiet there and the dog can be out with me because there is a fenced in yard(about 30 by 60 feet long) for him that has a dog door onto the back porch. Even on a warm rainy day it used to be comfortable to read or just listen to birds or crickets chirp.

There was a flock of wild turkeys on the north side of the barn early this morning rolling and sunning themselves in the grass.

I know not everyone has the freedom to make those daily decisions. If you are punching a time clock in some one else's company. Your time and energy is tied up in how much you can achieve at home and still do your job away from home well.

And, now it's time to work on the yard before it grows beyond mowing ability. Lots to do.

Always think good thoughts about what you can achieve. One small job done is for your benefit so life looks good to you. The words super attached to your name can be just a goad to push you farther than you have mental strength to handle. Use your LG (LIFE IS GOOD) to achieve peace and comfort.

HAPPY TRAILS
*turtle*








apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982644-Relax