*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982809-Local-News
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982809 added May 5, 2020 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Local News?
Find a local news story that makes you feel something. Share the story along with your opinion on it in your blog.

Owl with signature


Headline from Newsbreak app: " Man faces charges after driving into Canadohta Lake." article may be found on GoErie.com.

Wrong Road or New Way to Wash Car


According to the article he drove his car 27 feet into the lake and fought with the emergency crews who towed his car back to shore. He was still in the car.

The man was from Pittsburgh. There is always something happening at Canadohta Lake, theft, fights, auto accidents. Although, this was no accident. Was it a suicide attempt? Ya got me. I just don't see it. The lake is shallow for several feet out and then, as kids, my aunt would tell us there was a drop off and not to go out to far.

Like my mom, she was an avid swimmer, but watching 5 young children maybe it was a scare tactic to keep the children close to shore.

Also, Canadohta is a recreation spot for Pittsburgh residents. Some mean locals resent the Pittsburgh vacationers and call them MUPEARS (because they come up here from Pittsburgh) which is lower in the state. Article did not say whether alcohol or drugs was an influence.It also did not mention suicide or give any reasoning for the situation. According to the article, he is 28 and will face some criminal charges. Hope they recommend psychological testing?

MY feelings and opinion: Stunned.*Crazy* 28 and male. He has a lot of living yet to do. Why drive your vehicle into any body of water? The auto will stall out and you still won't die. Anyway, deliberate drowning seems to me just sad and probably won't work. As for the article, it was short but gave a lot of detail. So, it was interesting. I read it to the end.


*InfoG*



© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982809-Local-News