*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982899-Money-and-Values
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#982899 added May 6, 2020 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Money and Values
Write about an object you own that has negligible monetary value, but is priceless to you.

signature dancing owl *Thinker*


Quote: “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.”Jonathan Swift
https://www.success.com/19-wise-money-quotes/



Monetary Value


I'm having a brain wave about negligible monetary value. I have very little of anything that is very expensive. I have basically inexpensive jewelry which I rarely wear. Monetary value is anywhere from 5 to 10 dollars. Most are gifts. Each item has a memory attached to it. Over the years some of my jewelry pieces have been stolen and some even returned at a later date.

I have some books I may never read again but don't particularly want to lose. After I die the family can do what ever they want with my possessions but until then, "I have a right to live on the earth."

There is some kind of cult idea around where I live that surfaces occasionally. According to the cult: if someone asks you for something or to do something you have to give them what they want. I"m not sure what group this idea is attached to?? It is a despicable idea induced by an antisocial climate.

I have my own balanced hammer and tools (were a gift from one of my sons) for household fix-it jobs. The hammer came up missing for awhile but was returned. The thing is if a person does not have a lot of monetary back up and some thing you need and take care of is not there, when you need it, you may not have the cash immediately to replace it. It can lead to a very frustrating lifestyle.

Good story for the day, is the lawn mower started right up yesterday and worked well when I gave it a trial run. We were going out and do pick up of downed branches from wind storms so I could mow in straight lines. I mowed just a small amount yesterday around downed limbs. Looks like a crazy person was mowing. It's snowing this morning, wet and cold. Try again tomorrow.



Is it going to be cold all spring and summer?

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982899-Money-and-Values