*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983143-May-8-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#983143 added May 9, 2020 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
May 8, 2019
May 8, 2020

Believe VIII


Today is the day after the full flower moon in Scorpio. My sun and moon are both in Scorpio and I am feeling the tidal pull toward water. Because of the virus I am still afraid to go to the beach. This evening I will sit by our pond as small consolation.

I am singing silently to the trees, oak, cypress and palm, whispering the Tiwa sound for tree, Pee Wheh Neh. Trees are the lungs of Mother Earth.
As we are destroying the trees, this virus destroys our bronchial tree. It is not metaphor.

A gathering of mermaids is called a gossip of mermaids. There is only one old, veiled mermaid in my pond. Sybylla comes to the surface of the water and I can hear her singing, "the earth, the air, the fire, the water, return, return, return, return...."

I ask if there are others like her, alone in retention ponds across the concrete condominiums of Florida. "There are many", she replies," fleeing from
toxic algea, plastic, and pollution. My sister friend Arabella, a beautiful black mermaid lives in the pond in the community next to yours." I am happy knowing that and hope that Arabella has found connection.

Not a gossip of mermaids perhaps, but surely a circle of beings. Sybylla swims back to the pond's bottom.

Everyone speaks about the longing to return to normal. The normal is resilient. Even now it is plotting it's return.



The Herbcrafter's Tarot---Madre of Earth---Creosote Bush---Build circles of women.



 ~

© Copyright 2020 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983143-May-8-2019