*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983249-Mum
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2220524
My first attempt at something like this so it should be an interesting ride.
#983249 added May 10, 2020 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
Mum
The prompt today is very simple: Write about the person you call Mom.

Mum is the person who keeps the family glued together. She will be 84 this year and she is still managing to keep active. The current pandemic has caused her to be in lockdown so she has been living in her little apartment on her own. But she hasn’t let it get her down. The family call her on Facetime as often as possible to keep her in touch with the rest of the world.

Mum lives in England and I live in California, so I don’t get to visit her very often. When I do, I am always amazed at the list of birthdays she keeps on her calendar. She must spend a small fortune every year sending members of her family birthday cards. When I read the names off the calendar, I don’t know a lot of them. Mum knows all of them and has photos of most of them on the walls in her small apartment.

She never goes anywhere without striking up a conversation with someone. Strangers are only people that she hasn’t met yet.

My favourite memories of mum are from our family Christmas dinners. When her grandkids were small there was usually 12 people to feed. My mum worked her magic in her small kitchen, and nobody ever went hungry. And she has always managed to spoil her grandkids!

Mum is special. She has always been there for me when I needed her help or support. And she was there when I didn’t know that I needed her help and support!

Thanks Mum, I love you.

© Copyright 2020 Toffeeman1957 (UN: toffeeman1957 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Toffeeman1957 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983249-Mum