*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983619-Back-to-writingin-time
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#983619 added May 15, 2020 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
Back to writing...in time
The strange irony of the COVID-19 era is twofold. We who are introverts by nature didn't really change our lives that much; indeed, for the few weeks I worked from home I'd only leave for grocery runs or trips to the laundromat (thanks to one of several household crises that erupted at this time). The rest of the time the job was actually keeping me hopping most of the time between meetings and various exercises meant to sharpen our skills. I was appreciative of that, though. It kept things from getting dull. For the last several weeks we have been back in our (still unopened to the public) brand-new library building providing some limited services. No late evenings, and no weekends. The hours are a joy, and I'm relishing them because I know they won't last. Once we reopen, it'll be back to the old schedule.

The lockdown meant I finally got my wish...I was being asked to stay home as much as I could. You would think during this time I'd be writing all I could, but really I did very little. It's not until now, when life is returning slowly to normal, that the ideas and desire to shape them are forming. It came to me out of the blue (at work, to boot), that I should take the vague time travel story idea I started on last year and form it into something I can work on during NaNoWriMo. That's not until November, so it gives me plenty of time to develop characters, story, and ways around the paradoxes that are popping up in my mind. I know where I want the story to go, but getting it there is going to take some work. And research, of course. I'm gonna need to read a few of the better-regarded time travel novels that I haven't gotten to yet.

Dang! That means I'm gonna have to read more books! *BookOpen*

© Copyright 2020 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983619-Back-to-writingin-time