*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983837
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#983837 added May 18, 2020 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
The Returning
May 17, 2020

¡Hola amigas! Yo regreso. ¿Cómo estás? Lo estoy haciendo bien, supongo.

I’m not sure if any noticed my lack of a presence on here or not, considering I still looked at what was in the newsfeed, though didn’t write in my blog or port. I suppose it doesn’t matter either way, but I wanted to write a piece now anyway.

I was thinking about college and what I want to attend when I’m eligible, and I think I have a good idea of one. I don’t quite want the reveal where I live just yet (maybe in a few years) so for now we’ll just call my home state Purgatory.

It’s not a bad place to live really, the people are (mostly) Christian and my parents both created and found successful businesses, which is great. I just find it an irritating place with its abundance of outdated views, practices, and levels of acceptance. That could be because I live in a small town with basically nothing interesting to it, but considering how certain groups of people are viewed all over this state, I think my opinion appropriate.

But I digress. I came to discuss the college and vent, and that is what I shall do. So a little background information before I dive into the reasoning for my choice of school. When I was a small toddler or so, my parents opted for my brothers and I to be able to attend a college here in Purgatory for the full four years regardless of scholarship. I’m not exactly sure how that can happen or how true it is, so I’ll do some research and figure it out. I guess they just saved up a lot of money for it, but we’ll come back the “how” of it later. With the money (solution?) in mind, I’ve decided in state is better for my long-term goals.

The education in this state is most definitely lacking, but I’ve done a little research and I think a Christian school about an hour and a half from my mother’s is the best choice.

You see, I doubt I’ll be able to get a full ride to somewhere out of state and this way is easier. It gives me a suitable education, and I wouldn’t have to worry about loans. Now this is obviously all subjected to change in the upcoming years as I try and figure out what God has planned for me and work through my high school years, but I think it’s okay right now.

Most plans are derailed anyway, and if it didn’t quite go how it was planned, there was most definitely a reason. God works in the strangest ways, and we have absolutely no idea how things could change in a few months, much less four years.

Though that is kind of why I hate making plans, or goals; the realization that many fail. To think of the future is to taste disappointment, or that’s at least how I’ve come to see it.
Well, that is all I have for today. Farewell ladies and gentlemen.

To those who either don’t know any Spanish or are learning it like me, here is the translation: Hello friends! I am back. How are you? I am fine, I guess.


© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983837