*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983948-Expiration-Date
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#983948 added May 19, 2020 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Expiration Date

"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS | May 19

Prompt

If I only had a year left to live, I would probably spend a lot more time focusing on making sure my family is taken care of after I'm gone. I'd probably sign up for a bunch of life insurance, make sure I'm spending as much time with them as possible rather than working so I can make as many memories as possible with them, etc. I would also probably make a more formal bucket list and try to spend time doing those things that I've always wanted to do. For me a lot of it is travel-related, but I'd also want to pick up a few skills (playing an instrument, try a bunch of different foods, etc.).

Part of me would want to work hard to get to an idealized version of myself (finally lose the extra weight I've been carrying around for years, improve my understanding of spiritual concepts, etc.), but that would be a "ten years left to live" thing. With only a year left to live, I'm not sure I'd want to put a bunch of miles on the treadmill at the gym, or stuck with my nose in a dense philosophy text when I could be spending that time with my loved ones and enjoying new experiences for as long as I possibly could.

Among things on my bucket list would be to have a book published (for which I'd most likely go the self-publishing route for the sake of expediency). I'd probably also try to make a movie of my own, even if it was a low-budget one, since I've been meaning to do that again. There are a ton of books I want to read and movies and shows I want to watch. Most importantly, though, I think I'd just want to spend as much quality time with my friends and family as possible. It would probably be lots of meals, coffees, and outings with everyone that's important to me.


© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983948-Expiration-Date