*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983977-May-20-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#983977 added May 20, 2020 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
May 20, 2020
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsThe Original Logo.Blog City image smallWelcome...

Welcome... Prompt: "Shopping: Write about your shopping wishlist and how you like to spend money."

I am just a few days away from getting my student loans for the semester. I plan to spend them basically prudishly. I want to buy life insurance and if possible pay the premiums one year in advance. I will also put another year on my prepaid phone since I use it basically to talk to friends and clients. It is currently paid until January of 2021. I will extend it to January 2022. I will also prepay my cable bill by $1000.00. Then I can add a little money to it each month out of my paycheck and keep it paid ahead. The remainder of my student loans will be divided up among my Discover debit card and my Visa debit cards and put in the bank. Of course, I will pay my WDC premium one more year and a premium on its sister site: All Poetry.com.

Welcome... Second Prompt: "The Professor: Write about a teacher that has influenced you."

I have had a lot of professors influence me over the years. One was Dr. Boyce, my Philosophy professor. He had us develop an airtight argument for a worldview that either supported or denied the existence of God. I knew that it would be easy to write a position paper proving why I believed in God and set out to write one proving God did not exist. I succeeded and got an A. I also became a long time atheist after that. I finally got my faith back but he really rocked me.

Another professor who influenced me deeply is Dr. Christopher White, a historian at Marshall University. He changed my overall thinking about the psychological causes of addiction. I had always considered it to be hereditary. Now I see that it is as much a result of nurture and past influences. Trauma is the big one.

The Original Logo. Prompt: "If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?"

I feel that as a person who was addicted for drugs for the biggest part of my life I quit maturing when I first picked up. That was at around 12 years of age. Since I have been clean I have matured another 11 years and some months so the math makes me about 25 psychologically. Give me the body of a 30-year old, please. I could use the energy now that I have the motivation.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "If you could time travel to any year, which one would you visit?"

I'd probably have to visit 1978 and try to convince myself to stay in high school the following year and sweat it out. I quit high school to join the army when I was eighteen. The army did not work out and I was discharged early due to illness. I wish I had stayed in school and learned mathematics. Maybe I would go farther back to a date prior to third grade when I began blowing off my math assignments and convince my mom and dad to force me to do my homework.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Write about a lesson you learned the hard way."

In my Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs blog I was just talking about learning the hard way how important it was to learn mathematics. I blew off my math assignments in the third grade, often turning in blank papers because I hated the teacher I had. I have lived to regret that the rest of my life.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nominees ** Image ID #2187803 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983977-May-20-2020