*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984062
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#984062 added May 21, 2020 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Painful To The Human Mind
"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change." Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

This is so true. With this virus, {I can't even say the name}, we are facing, it has changed our lives. Staying at home and slowly getting back out into the public, wearing masks, not being able to hug people, this is rough. I think of the Vietnam War, World Wars 1 and 11, these were painful. We face changes in our personal lives. Job less, illnesses, death of loved ones, changes at work, uncaring bosses and politicians, we ask, why isn't life pleasant? You pray, read your Bible and endure life's miseries as we look forward to good things.

Jane Austen moved into different houses, never married and she didn't always get along with her mother I read. She couldn't even get credit for the books she wrote. Now, she is dead and one of the most popular authors ever! I would like to think that she knows somehow now and she is smiling.

Mary Shelley. It is hard to believe a woman wrote Frankenstein but she did and it is a good book. I prefer vampires and romances but Frankenstein is good and poor Frankenstein underwent change.

Life is not perfect and I think we won't take things for granted anymore. We will appreciate hugging people we love again someday and love being able to go places again. We just have to wait for treatments and vaccines. We find our own sunshine. Watch favorite shows, read, write and take up an old hobby. Good things come to those who wait. We are in this together and have to believe things will work out. We can do this!

Downton Abbey Mansion
© Copyright 2020 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984062