*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984285-May-25-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#984285 added May 25, 2020 at 8:31am
Restrictions: None
May 25, 2020
The Original Logo.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image smallWelcome...

The Original Logo. Prompt: What is the most useless skill you have? The most valuable?

I have this uncanny ability to mess up math problems and screw up directions. It is all due to having had my skull fractured and damage done to the left hemisphere of my brain. If you give me something to do such as organizing a bunch of files on the computer, I will screw it up every time without fail. I can complicate the easiest tasks that way.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: What does getting back to normal mean to you? For the inspiration of this question see "Warren Harding Tried to Return America to ‘Normalcy’ After WWI and the 1918 Pandemic. It Failed." by William Deverell https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/warren-harding-back-to-normalcy-after-191...

I don't know that things will ever be exactly the same after this pandemic. One things is for certain: for the people who lost loved ones there won't be the "old" normal. Each day brings change anyway so why not embrace it and accept whatever is going on in the present as "normal"? After all, whatever is going on is normal for you at that moment. You may not be doing what you usually do at that same time, but what is normal anyway besides a state of mind? What is normal for one person is not normal for another. It is "normal" for me to get up and do my devotionals in the morning, followed by doing my blog, followed by work. For somebody else none of that is normal.

Normal varies from person to person. Do I think we will always see people going to weird extremes to keep from getting COVID-19? No. I think we will eventually develop a vaccine and it will be a thing of the past for most people. Do I think we will continue social distancing and so forth? Who knows? Some probably will, others will not.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Does Memorial Day make you feel patriotic, and do you think we could ever have a world where we wouldn’t need a military?"

I always feel patriotic, but my loyalty is to the kingdom of God. I am a Christian and I believe the Kingdom of God is a very real place that exists in the spiritual realm and in the physical realm as the church. I am a citizen of that Kingdom and quite patriotic to it. This is the tank in my yard: A pic taken at the WV Veterans Home

Of course, I am also an American and quite patriotic to America.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984285-May-25-2020