*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984383-Cosmic-Intervention
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#984383 added May 28, 2020 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Cosmic Intervention
Since I've been on a bit of a metaphysical theme for the past couple of days allow me to continue.

First let me say that the metaphysical got us nowhere in our early development as humans. All that malarky and spiritual abracadabra did little to launch our species. What really got us out of the trees was the Greeks introducing humanity to reason, logic and the problem solving process. This was the basis for SCIENCE and through this process and discipline man progressed by leaps and bounds. No longer were we constrained by mystery and superstition.

This is not to say that spiritual endeavor is just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. It only says that it didn't really contribute much to man's advancement out of the realm of "Might is Right." Now the Greeks, in addition to all their other startling developments, made the claim they'd achieved success in achieving a spiritual breakthrough ... a new level of understanding about what we today consider, Metaphysics. It wasn't voodoo, it wasn't Ouija-boards, and it wasn't about GODs and Demi Gods and all that. To the Greeks the Gods and matters of the spirit were very different constructs and involved different activities. Praying to the Gods was one thing and is today well understood, but the MYSTERIES are not. At some stage in a Greek man or woman's life they were taken somewhere to a place we might describe as etherial. Again it was not the Temples and all those Gods we read about in mythology.

A priest or priestess from one of the Oracles initiated candidates into an experience described as the MYSTERIES. An oath of absolute secrecy was required but what little we know about it was that it was a formative and uplifting experience and left a profound and long lasting impression on the initiates. They often referred to it indirectly when facing the turbulence of their times. I mention this because it could be something was lost to the ancient past, something often scoffed at in these progressive times ruled by reason and science.

I know! I know! Where are you going with this Percy...? My time is valuable!

I'll begin the answer with a question. Have you ever written a poem or piece of prose or exposition and had your jaw drop open? Have you ever looked at something scribed on your CRT or jotted down on a piece of paper and surprised yourself? Have you ever thought as you read something particularly interesting or good you've written, "Wow! This ain't half bad, I can't believe I wrote it." However, there sat the evidence, in plain sight and no denying that your fingers stroked the key pad or your pencil etched the words. It you've never had this experience then read no further. Consider this vignette so much hocus-pocus.

If you have I've some news for you....YOU DIDN'T! Sure you stroked the keys or pushed the pencil but the evidence of what you wrote did not come from inside your pin headed little brain, but rather from a source with a more cosmic origin.

I'll let that soak in a day or two so check back for the next installment.

© Copyright 2020 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984383-Cosmic-Intervention