*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984800-Muriel-Iyana
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bernie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2222610
Background info and inspiration photos for all characters in the story.
#984800 added June 1, 2020 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Muriel Iyana



Muriel Iyana




My whole life I've been trying to prove myself. Prove to those who look at me and think there's nothing to me. A girl raised by her father, who happens to be a trader who runs a farm to raise animals for meat and leather. Nothing very feminine about it. It wasn't until I was ten, when I began to show natural magical abilities called fai's. My father would've rubbed it off, some people are born with fai abilities, but most just have very basic abilities. I don't. I was straight across the board with my elemental fai. Fire, ice, wind, water, earth. Not just a touch either, I can rage a ball of flame, conjure a wall of water from a pond, bring forth a quake in the earth, and shove a wind storm in any direction at any thing I want. I tried to suppress it, because I could do all of these things but it was hard to control and any direction didn't necessarily mean that was where I wanted it to go that way. My father finally brought me in front of the judgement counsel of Hargflait School of Magic, where I performed for them my fai abilities. I was admitted the same day and didn't leave with my father.

For the last fifteen years, I trained there. I learned and I honed my abilities. I can control my fai to the point where I could live with someone and never know I possessed them.

Now, I am free. I feel like I can take on the world, but I must return to my father's farm. I need to show him what I've learned, how I've grown. Prove to him that I am a woman who in charge of her destiny, in charge of herself. If I can prove to him that I have grown, then I can prove the world.
© Copyright 2020 Bernie (UN: msbiggs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bernie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984800-Muriel-Iyana