*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984880-Is-Jimmy-Dore-a-terrorist
Rated: ASR · Book · Erotica · #2146734
Learning Coping Skills in 2018...
#984880 added June 3, 2020 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Is Jimmy Dore a terrorist?


Benjamin Franklin said, "One man's terrorist is another man's patriot."
I think the owners of the ships carrying the tea that was tossed into Boston Bay would disagree.
The Tea Party of 1776 was a terrorist act directed at King George in protest of his tea tax.
The Continental Congress objected to the King's taxes which were 4% of their earnings.
Today we pay much higher taxes for less protection.

Jimmy Dore is a lovable grouch, who advocates riots and looting as a push back to oppression.
I think we could all see civil unrest coming when businesses were forced to shut down, because of Covid-19.
40 million people were unemployed and many unemployment checks will stop in July ..
This disenfranchised population will not be able to pay their mortgages or rent.
The founding fathers could not have imagined such divestment of capital.
Although many of them were slave owners, which was called labor stock.
A Trump administrator recently used the same term to describe the unemployed.

Could the debtor's prisons of Charles Dicken's era return?
There are private prisons that use prison labor for commercial profit.
Many of these prisons are located in poor districts where the crime rate is high.
The early robber Barrons of America worked children to death in factory mills and mines.
The workers revolted against their oppressors and unions were formed to stop labor exploitation.
Strikes were met with violent confrontations with police.

The draft has been reinstated for able-body men between 20 and 40 years of age.
I remember one of the main protests about the Vietnam war was the draft.
I was born in 1962 so I was too young to be drafted into Vietnam and I'm too old for the draft now.
My guess is the draft will be a big protest issue again.
When I was a lad my mom told me "To watch out for hippie terrorists."
The Weathermen were bombing post offices and recruitment centers in the 1970s.


Reflections~Desecrating the White House will bring marshal law.

President Harry S. Truman sent the National Guard to Florida after a devastating hurricane.
Truman said over the radio, "Looters will be shot."
President Donald Trump is capable of saying the same thing.


Shalom


Bob County
© Copyright 2020 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984880-Is-Jimmy-Dore-a-terrorist