*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
3
10
17
24
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985109-For-the-Good-Times
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#985109 added June 6, 2020 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
For the Good Times
Prompt: What song tells the story of your life? It's up to you, pick a song yourself or check out the link and see what it picks.
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=what-song-tells-story-your-...


---

Well, there’s no exact song that I thought would tell of my life or a slight reflection of it. Maybe there is, but I haven't heard it, yet. Fact is, I have so many different twists in the plot of my life that I wonder if any song can be the reflection of it.

So I took the quiz on the link, which said:

“You have absolutely no qualms about the way you live your life. You will do anything. Try anything because you know you are only going to live once. To you, the rules are made to be broken. You realize you have to loosen up a bit to enjoy life, and you do, every day of your life. Bungee jumping, on your to-do list. Sky-diving, either you have done or it is on your to-do list. It's not that you hate authority, or that you have no responsibility, you just want to experience everything you can and don't like people getting in your way. After all, only the good die young.”

What the quiz came up with couldn’t be farther from the truth. First, I try not to break any rules and I respect authority more than the most. Then, Bungee jumping? Sky diving? Me?

In the same vein, the quiz gave me “Only the Good Die Young” by Billy Joel. Although I like Billy Joel, this song’s music and rhythm is not my thing, let alone its words.

Then it came to me. Elvis, of course.
Crying in the Chapel and For the Good Times kind of tell the way I feel nowadays.

“Don't look so sad
I know it's over
But life goes on
And this old world will keep on turning
Let's just be glad
We had some time to spend together…”

And so on and so forth...



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985109-For-the-Good-Times