*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985763
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#985763 added June 16, 2020 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
I have returned!
June 16, 2020

This morning I have quite a bit of good news. But before I get into that, I realized I never gave any of you an update about my grandmother and Kat, and now I shall deliver. My grandma is doing okay, and when we called on FaceTime yesterday, I was grinning like an idiot. I missed her, and I could tell she did as well. My aunt, cousin, and uncle are visiting everyday to bring her food and when she told me, her eyes lit a little and a smile tugged at the edge of her light coco colored skin. She is lonely, I know, so I can’t tell you how great it was to see her smile.

We talked for about an hour. My grandmother with her normally pristine, fluffy, brown hair now white at the hairline, it’s snowman like color inching back as the days stretch on. She asked me about how we were doing, her voice balancing between the rich overtones of a younger person, and the amusement and wisdom of someone who has lived decades. The eyes they say are the window to the soul, and that night her brown eyes, so much like my mothers and younger brothers, lit with something that chased away the bleakness. That cold is more prominent when the world is quiet, you see, and her life lie stagnant. But family seemed to hold some key to bringing light to her old bones, and in doing so, I felt a little better. You know she is an amazing women when you first meet her and her presence never leaves you. And now, I will smile because I still have her.

My best friend, what can I say about her that you do not know already? There is a lot, actually. For one, she is back and doing pretty good. It turns out the reason she left was because of her mother; that women needs counseling on how to be nice. But we’ve been talking and laughing quite a bit which is great. The night before today we did a fashion show for each other, the first one we’ve ever done “together”, and her smile lit up so happily. It was awesome getting to do that with her, and knowing she wanted to it with me. I’m not sure how things will be next year, but I’m happy with it now. I know that I’ve prayed for someone like her for years, and I am thankful I have such a great friendship now. God is great.

As for those who read this daily, I see you. I’m really happy you like reading what I manage to write about. It makes me smile some days. I am talking to you specifically SB Musing and beginnerwrath. You always seem to read my blog and I am grateful.

My last thing to say about tonight is this: I was watching a show this morning and the sense of community I felt from the cast was phenomenal. I’d never felt something like that before from something so benign as a tv show or book, but today I did. It was great :)

¡Adíos! 🍪

© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985763