*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986161-Beginning-To-Understand-This-Class
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#986161 added June 21, 2020 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
Beginning To Understand This Class
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois


         Well, here I sit at home once again.  Work has picked up for all of us.  We have a backlog of classes to deliver, some that we need to complete after having completed the theory portion online, and it keeps piling up.  Our management team is doing a fantastic job in supporting us.  Both of our immediate managers are former instructors, and our Instructor manager still deliver classes when needed.

         This past week was same class I've delivered on line two or three time in recent memory.  Remember, this is a pretty new class for me, and requires learning a new form of configuration software, as learning more about the Master Site and its software. After delivering it four times, I understand what needs to happen with this class.  Even though I edited it/re-wrote it in March, it needs a complete tear-down and re-write.  Our software changes, sometimes pretty fast, and you have to keep the course material current.  That didn't happen with this class.  So, while it's not a complete 'back to the drawing board' effort, it will be close.  I have finally decided, or realized, what sequence the labs (Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet work) need to be done, and know that the current labs just won't fit the bill.  With the help of a co-worker, we exported the necessary portions of the configuration software to a CSV file, and I will use those to generate the new labs.  For me, the hardest part was deciding what order they should be completed.  I've decided.


         Did I say work was picking up?  Well, if I didn't, it has. Early this year I scheduled two weeks of PTO for myself (in October), so I can get home to New Mexico for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.  If it is still scheduled. So I have those two weeks free.  I have the week of July 4th free.  Other than that, I'm teaching classes every week until Thanksgiving..  Even Labor Day week.  This is VERY unusual for us.  But it's not just me, all of us are scheduled the same way, we're all just as busy.  But I love it.

         The second class in Washington DC has been delayed by the customer.  Their Technicians want the class in person, their management wants it done remotely.  The thing about technical classes, is you NEED that hands on time to learn how to do things.  We'll see what the future holds, and when that class gets re-scheduled.


In Closing

         I will spend the weekend at home here before teaching class from home next week.  If I do end up getting to travel again, you'll be the first to know!  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986161-Beginning-To-Understand-This-Class