*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986992-A-Back-To-The-Future-Letter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#986992 added July 1, 2020 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
A Back To The Future Letter
PROMPT July 1st

Write a letter to your parents from before your birth. Give them advice about how to raise you and give them a heads up about anything they might struggle with when you come into their lives.


FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer



Dear Parents,

If you are reading this letter, I hope it means you decided to think about the advice I am giving. I come to tell you about a few things, and implore you to think about your decision to have children. When you went through the procedures to have all of us, did you ever think on the years to come? In my years on this earth, I have wondered that question.

By the time you have your third and final kid, a year after I am born, you will start to divorce. When the youngest is only six or so months old, the paperwork will be finalized and the court orders said. I ask that you, Dad, try and have a better relationship with Mom. She will miss us a lot in our early years, and our time spent together is no where near enough.

I am your second born, and when you conceive your first born, take in mind he will need more care then the “typical” child, and not to over react. He is a super smart kid, but genetics weren’t quite on his side. His anger is a trait that is not his fault, most of the time, and you must remember that even if it is, yelling back solves nothing. Dad, you were one to do this the most. I do not blame you, but try and remember it, please. You will be a great parent, but resentment will fester, and it will rightly earned. Learn to let go, and accept us as we are.

I will also have a genetic issue, and my body will inherit the same disease Mom, Grandma, and her mom had. It will be difficult for me to run, jump, and climb steep hills or stairs. You will both be very very supportive, but please don’t coddle me. I know my limitations, and sometimes I will need to hold onto you when tying my shoes or going on steep things, but I will persevere.

I also ask you both you remember we are not carbon copies of you. We are our own people with different likes and dislikes, interests, and loves. While A is a mix of introvert and extrovert, C a complete extrovert, I am an introvert. None of us particularly like loud noises, and when we ask you to let us be alone, listen. It is not because we don’t like you, or we’re mad, we just need to be alone at that time. C will do this rarely, but A and I do it frequently as we emerge into the teenage years.

When the two of you remarry to your respective partners, keep in mind that while they are great people (the second lady, not the first Dad), they don’t completely know us. As you don’t know us all that well either. We will struggle with them sometimes, but in the end all we want is to see you happy.

I love you,
Your future daughter

© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986992-A-Back-To-The-Future-Letter