*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987050-Moods-Blood-of-the-Garlic-115
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#987050 added July 2, 2020 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Moods (Blood of the Garlic) [115]
—Hi! I'm Meadowlark. Welcome to The Shallot. Have a seat at the table. Bawang is sorting some thyme and Thoom is boiling water for tea. What type would like?

"..."

—Lemon mint coming up.

"..."

—Yes, she's always that happy. I'm not. I'm as likely to bite you. I like fresh blood. My name is Bawang. Yours?

"..."

—Czeszniak! How nice of you to show up. Sit down with our guest. I'm almost done. Here, take my seat. I'm going to join Meadowlark in the garden. Got anything to wake sleepy-head up, Thoom?

—Garlic with Arsenic?

"..."

—No. Thoom doesn't want to kill me. She's the kindest old bat you'll ever meet. I'll take dandelion root with lemon and honey if you have any Thoom.

—Fresh out of lemons. But I'll add some lemon mint. That should do.

"..."

—Yes, Czeszniak is usually dead-to-the-world in his tomb. We check to make sure he's still breathing.

—I was reading some old texts.

—As always.

*Garlic*

—Still here, dear Czeszniak? Bawang and I picked some horehound and chamomile for you to sort. We're off to see Lily. She's been a bit moody recently. Ciao!

"..."

—Yes, Meadowlark chirps like a bird. Bawang is tense ... on a good day. And me? I'm reflective, dead or awake.

"..."

—Thoom? Thoom is always calm.

—Thank-you. Centuries of practice doesn't make perfect but it helps.

"..."

—Ha! She's older than you think. We're all older than we look. We're verrry old friends. More tea, Thoom? Please? And our guest needs a refill. We don't need amulets, mirrors or mood rings to scry or pry. We can read each other like the books I pour over. We only fool ourselves when we think we're hiding our emotions. Sure, we don't talk about everything. Lily doesn't need to tell us she's having another flashback; her frozen stare warns us. We know when to avoid Bawang's fangs; they glisten. And when we need to connect we come to The Shallot. Meadowlark cheers us up and Thoom adjusts our moods with tea.

—It's hot. I added some ginseng for both of you.

"..."

*Garlic*

—Nice to have met you.

—You're welcome to come back again.

—Until next time, Peace.

"..."

*Garlic*

—Have you ever met a Phade, Meadowlark? No? Our guest is one. Not that you'll remember. They erase all signs of their presence by not being present. They're better at becoming invisible than we are. Even now this evening wraps around our memories and erases the day. Ah, time to take my garlic. Pass the hot water please.

*Garlic**Eggplant**Onion**Lettuce**Tomato*

Note: These characters tell their stories in
 
BOOK
Blood of the Garlic  (18+)
The LDVs gather in the mucklands to grow garlic; no wooden splinters or silverware allowed
#1612597 by Kåre Enga in Udon Thani
and elsewhere.

This entry was written for: "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Prompt: We all know the mood-ring fad of the 70’s only predicted body temperature and not necessarily mood, but what if people could actually see your emotions, like an aura of color surrounding you. Would you try to mask it, display it proudly, or something in between?

Real answer: I have none. I'm moody. I'm readable. I only way I mask it well is to become invisible.

Some moods for writers to evoke: cheerful, reflective, gloomy, humorous, melancholy, idyllic, whimsical, romantic, mysterious, ominous, calm, lighthearted, hopeful, angry, fearful, tense, lonely.
1.006

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987050-Moods-Blood-of-the-Garlic-115