*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987161-Bummed-Out
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#987161 added July 3, 2020 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Bummed Out
Bummed out

So, today we have taken the boat to Catalina Island. Instead, I did a 4 mile hike around the lake, got a manicure, pedicure, turned in the recycling and now I'm working on the Bard's Hall blogs. I got through 4 blogs, but I'm tired and I want to get in an entry so there. I think I'll pop in Catching Fire tonight and watch Katniss kick some butt. Wish I could be on Catalina Island though. (shakes fist at COVID 19)

Recycling

California makes it hard to do the next right thing. I recycling plastic & aluminum. I don't recycle glass because that's not worth it. I put the money toward the boy's BSA camping fund (but we haven't been camping since January so the stash is adding up quite nicely.) We used to have a company called RePlanet and they would be at the major grocery stores. I used to go to the one by the Ralphs near the house. All the RePlanet's couldn't afford to be in business in California due to increased business costs and falling prices of aluminum and PET plastic. California is a not a business friendly state. Now the good news is there is ONE mom & pop recycling center left STILL OPEN where I live called Sammy's. They are efficient and on the ball BUT everyone goes to them because they are the only game in business. It's a shame there aren't more places to recycle.

That said, sure, I could throw all that plastic/aluminum in my blue recycling bin the trash man picks up once a week, but I pay for that!! So if threw my money makers in there - plastic/aluminum than the state is making 2x the amount of money for me - 1x by charging me to recycling and 2x by recycling my plastic/aluminum. There I said my two bits. I truly do believe in recycling but the state shouldn't make it so hard. I'm sure Sammy's is alive because he's the only business in town.

Golden State Killer

I came back from my walk and started trolling my TV channels and found a special about the Golden State Killer. I missed a bunch though. It was a 2 hour special and I only saw the last 45 mins. Bummer. But it was interesting and it focused on how they linked the DNA evidence together regarding the East Area Rapist, Vanilla Ransaker, and the Original night stalker. Hoping I can catch the full show here soon.

Ordered Sushi for dinner.
I got the salmon skin roll and the poke hand roll. I wanted some crispy rice but it's a lot and Mr. Bee and Andy Bee didn't want it. Still, I'm happy. In the mood for fish. What type of sushi do you like?



© Copyright 2020 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987161-Bummed-Out