*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987194-Forty-minutes-of-hell
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#987194 added July 4, 2020 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Forty minutes of hell.
PROMPT July 4th

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

This would be my worst nightmare. I hate public speaking.
But if, on pain of death, I was forced to stand up and speak for forty minutes, I suppose I would have to. So, what could I entertain you with? Mmm, let’s see. I know, I’d be able to keep you enthralled with all the things that went wrong whilst we were travelling.

“Pitfalls for the innocent traveller” I’d call the presentation, complete with photographs.
There would be a picture of me, sleeping sitting up, in a third class train carriage with hundreds of other passengers in India, instead of lying down in a soft bed in first class. That was caused from “someone”🤔 missing the train.
Then another of me in hospital with an injured leg after being in a bicycle accident in Thailand.🤕

This photograph of me sheltering from flying debris in a category four Cyclone in the Philippines, as a truck goes by on two wheels, is sure to encourage travellers to check the weather.

How about this picture of my poor husband in bed for a week in Vietnam with food poisoning? A warning not to order the crab soup.

Seems like South East Asia is a destination to avoid. But then may I cheer you up with photos of the good times?

Is the time up? Thanks for listening🥵







Frog in a Hanging Basket






Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987194-Forty-minutes-of-hell