*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987638-JUST-BEING
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#987638 added July 9, 2020 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
JUST BEING
Write about the last time you did something nice for yourself.


owl for signature use *FlowerR*


Quote:“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/be-yourself

BEING


Mr. Emerson must be a friend of mine. When I read this quote, I wondered if he had traveled the same road I've been on to get to the knowledge explained in the quote.

Your mind does not seem to age. It remains in contact with your true nature all of your life. You can deny your true nature or you can embrace it.

There seems to be a lot of ways I could go with this particular blog to impart knowledge and I am suppose to be outside learning to run the new tractor lawn mower, so I think I will stick with Mr. Emerson.

One day when I was taking time to think about why so many of my friends and acquaintances don't like to be around me. One of the things I thought about is that they want me to live and believe how they live and what they believe. I read. Many people don't. I don't just read. I tell people what I read. Many people don't.

I'm not any smarter than other people and I don't always make decisions that are helpful to my life. (If I did I would have been more helpful to people around me.) I have in a childlike manner made decisions that would make my life better. I don't always understand how consequences of my decisions are going to affect family members. (or the neighbors)

Yes. Reading gives you knowledge of good and evil and yes knowledge of good and evil is forbidden fruit.

(Forbidden fruit is a name given to the fruit growing in the Garden of Eden which God commands Adom and Eve not to eat. In the biblical narrative, Adom and Eve eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and are exiled from Eden.)

Yet many other scriptures teach us to seek knowledge. For one thing the forbidden fruit is already loose on the earth. Now it's up to us to use knowledge to bring the earth closer to perfection of the garden of Eden. (Truly, I'm watching to many Law and Order stories since Pandemic started)

For another, what you do with knowledge comes from your heart. From biology we learn that the heart and electrical system (brain) of your body are two separate systems that start up independently when the child is formed in the womb. So, yes. What is in your DNA, that causes you to be what you are? In around about way I've ended up back on my subject.

You cannot be someone else. Just You. Don't try to make someone else into your image you will fail. Appreciate the differences in your children. They are just being who they are except if they end up in jail you might want to find out why? *Laugh*

I recently read in an article that the reason the USA is what it is; comes from the fact that people are allowed individualism. But, caution, look before you leap.

Some Of the things we forget:

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

You can learn from your Grandmother to eat apples because vitamin C is a necessary nutrient, but what you do with the knowledge makes you who you are. Reading is the by- product of writing. Without writers there would be no readers. The punchline is BE YOURSELF AND *WDC* WRITE ON!

Trying to just remain myself is one of the things i do for myself. I have a whole list of to do some of which takes money and so doesn't get done rapidly This week I spent a whole day reading a book and of course I'm doing the 30-day which is for me.

Merit Badge in Golden Reader Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #2174465]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987638-JUST-BEING