*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987785-I-Was-Right
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#987785 added July 10, 2020 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
I Was Right
         I took my boss's place at a meeting he could not attend. People from many departments were there to figure out why we kept manufacturing the wrong item and sending it to this one customer. I kept telling them why but no one paid any attention to me. After the meeting, I went to my office and took out my engineering drawings and numbered notices. I copied the right ones, took them to my boss, and the light went on for him. They were all calling the desired item by the wrong name, so it was made to computer specifications. It was easier to settle it by changing our official papers than to change the customer's orders. Who could make people change their attitudes?

         So he took the copies to the Engineering Dept. They issued new drawings with the wrong name (the one used on the orders) and I changed the descriptions in the computer to match the new Design notice and drawing. No more problem with that customer.

         The bottom line is that I was the only one in a large company who knew what was wrong, but no one would listen to a peon.

© Copyright 2020 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987785-I-Was-Right