*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987989-Heaven-Help-Us
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#987989 added July 12, 2020 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Heaven Help Us!
Greetings from the Porch in Montana this lovely Sunday night. The barometer is dropping and the clouds are gathering. Perhaps there is rain tonight.

I am taking time away from reading 'The Big Sky' by an old Montana author, A.B. Guthrie. This tale takes place back in the 1800's on a riverboat. But I'm sure it will end up somewhere West. Some characters just killed a 'buffler' and kept away wolves, cayutes, and Indians. All with two rifles you have to load with powder and balls. Hmm....braver than I. It is a slow read, dialogue is written the way people talked, and then you have French boatmen and backwoods men and mountain men....well, you get the picture. But it is worth a read to see how a good writer sets the scenes, tells a tale and gets you interested in characters.

Life is good here in Montana. Still no virus action here in Roundup. This week coming up will be the 2 week cut-off for the Rodeo, when everyone was worried that the virus would be imported by all those strangers. So far, nothing. All that angst. All that worry. I pray we keep being safe here in our little enclave.

I busied myself today with starting to clean a bit from our remodeling. Things are getting desperately dirty and making me nuts. So I figure I can start cleaning a bit, today it was kitchen window and curtains, a dining room window. Tomorrow perhaps dining room curtains. But the weather has a lot to do with my schedule. I'm pretty sure the curtains can't be dried in the dryer, so they have to hang outdoors.

I am going to make a sweet thing tomorrow. So tonight I pressed juice from key limes. Annoying to hand squeeze 20 key limes. I know, I can buy the juice already squeezed in a bottle. But isn't fresh always better? I like being the martyr. I have a nice recipe for key lime bars. But it calls for animal crackers for the crust. Hard to find, but I now have an outlet for them. So tomorrow - key lime bars.

Yesterday at the church potluck, first one since March, someone brought two Kool-aid pies. Ever had this? Weird. Cool-whip, sweetened condensed milk, kool-aid packet. That's it. Mix it and let it cool. Put it in a graham cracker crust. He made two - neon pink and neon blue. Strawberry and berry. I tried the blue and made a face and threw it away. I guess it's an acquired taste. Look it up on You-tube if you want the recipe. I won't do it.

Did anyone hear about the statement Don Lemon made on CNN? About Jesus not being perfect? Well, I am a Christian folks. I happen to believe there was only one perfect person, and that person was Jesus. He was the son of God. I take that on faith. I am appalled that someone like Don Lemon would have the nerve to say something like that. But then again, why should I be surprised at anything that happens any more? The world has gone absolutely, positively stark raving mad. I know what I believe, but you? I'm not so sure about you. This is the new normal and heaven help us, people. Heaven help us. Because we surely cannot help ourselves. We're proving that every day.

Keep calm, write on! So let it be written, so let it be done


Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987989-Heaven-Help-Us