*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988062-Summer-Fun
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#988062 added July 13, 2020 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Fun
Write about your favorite summer activity.


owl for signature use *FlowerV*


{
The quote is from: https://www.keepinspiring.me/quotes-about-summer/

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink in the wild air" --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Summer *GreetR*


Summer is different from every other season. It's what life is suppose to be everyday. Before harvest the fields are rising up into full bloom. Orchard grass and timothy are heading out ready to be cut, baled and stored for winter feed.

Branches on apple trees hang heavy with green apples that are expanding daily into the fruit for pies and juice. The apples grow and change in color as they get ever closer to harvest.

I just like all of summer. I like the days that are so warm you don't want to move in the afternoon of any day. I like rainstorms that bring the release of humidity and favor us with a few days of cool breezes that whisper about how nice the days will be.

I like the fact that the sun is now going to be with us longer each day. It tempts us outside for longer hours.

Summer days and nights sing to us different sounds of birds that vacation with us during warmer weather. Little frogs sing to us froggy songs of warm summer nights. Moths bang against the screens seeking every bit of possible light before the long winter comes back. Bats zing back and forth eating insects. Owls hoot and doves coo.

I like the swish of bicycle tires on hot pavement. I hear the chatter of angry squirrels warning the world to stay away from some nest. I watch barn swallows swiftly dancing back and forth through the air catching insects. I listen to lawn mowers humming over the lawns every day.

Foliage in the nearby woods is so heavy the trees seem to be green from the top of the horizon clear down to the ground.

My favorite summer activity is watching everything about the season mature into another year's growth. Because summer is when the earth's crust grows and grooms itself as it moves through another year. The earth is a beautiful place to be in any season but, summer is the season of growth and renewal.

THE END *Lime*

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988062-Summer-Fun