*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988140
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#988140 added July 14, 2020 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Eat Your Avocado Daily
Well it was a nice day yesterday to eat on the porch. Our mid-day meal was leisurely. Baked chicken and rice, a kale salad with avocado and then the key lime bars I mentioned last time. Avocados are a recent addition to our diet. The eye doctor told me to start eating more lutein, since I have the beginning of macular degeneration, of course I do, and avocados are a great source. Hubby thinks they are icky but I tell him they are medicine, eat up. So he is a brave soldier and eats a half every day. We eat, we talk and then, whammy, what time is it? Yikes! I have to go. Time to run to church. Bible study then our radio show, sorry to leave you with the mess but I have to go. He is a bit put out, but I think he will survive.

So the radio show went well, I was the leader, the regular leader had to stay home and get ready for company. We thought we couldn't fill the half hour, but somehow we talked our way through and made it the entire thirty minutes, then I always to the thrift store where we volunteer on Wednesday to say 'hey!'. Got some baskets rescued from a building that burnt some time ago, so I brought those home to clean for them so maybe they can sell them. Also got a really cool old hat, maybe I can use that for the play I'm in, I have a costume idea. If not, it's still a cool old hat.

Then later last night I was updating said thrift store's Facebook's page. As I updated the picture, it asked me if I wanted to 'frame' it. Sure, I like to try new things. I look for ideas. Lo and behold, up pops an idea with my friend's name on it, with her picture. My friend lives in Michigan, I knew her from Ohio, she is not affiliated with Facebook as far as I know, WOW! Small world, so of course I have to use this cool frame for a picture for a thrift store in Montana. Amazing.

Today it is too cold, and I mean cold, to sit on the porch this morning. 49 degrees. Mid-July. Weird. And I don't even live in the mountains.

I am washing curtains, long overdue. The housecleaning process is beginning. Wish me luck.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988140