*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988271-I-Have-A-Sense-Of-Humor
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#988271 added July 15, 2020 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
I Have A Sense Of Humor?
PROMPT July 15th

Describe your sense of humor. Is it dark, sarcastic, slapstick, silly, or something else? Do you have any favorite comedians? What always makes you laugh?


         I think that if you wonder about my sense of humor, all you have to do is visit "Smile! (Groan?) You Know You Love These!. That will tell you a bit about it.

         But I do have a decent sense of humor, it's definitely not dark, though it goes there at times. Nor is it Sarcastic, I'm not sure I can ever do that in humor. Silly? Maybe, especially with the puns I post. Slapstick? That it was, when I was a young man in his 20's. I love almost any movie with Madeline Kahn, Gene Wilder, and Marty Feldman. I was known to laugh embarrassingly loud in theaters at their movies. Young Frankenstein, The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother, and of course, Blazing Saddles. Surprisingly, I am not a fan of today's slapstick stuff, especially anything that has Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly together. I am most definitely NOT a fan of Monty Python. So what's happened to my sense of humor? I don't think I've lost it, by no means! Would you call it 'maturity'? I'd like to think not. I just don't think I can relate to most comedians of this time.

         Other comedians I love, and this may tell you more about me. Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Foster Brooks, and Red Skelton. I can listen to Tim Conway's Elephant story over and over, and laugh each time. Of course, these comedians are all from my time or even before my time, when I was a young man. Which should tell you I don't really care for any host of a late night show right now. Nor did I care for them in the past either. They aren't that funny, they have a skilled set of writers if you ask me. Do you hear me Jimmy Fallon? Jimmy Kimmel? Conan O'Brien?

         So back to my sense of humor. I think it's eclectic. What makes me laugh? It all depends on the moment and my mood. But what it isn't, is Dark or Sarcastic. Anything else is up for grabs.


Review Sig for use


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988271-I-Have-A-Sense-Of-Humor