*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988314-For-Granted-and-Aliens
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#988314 added July 16, 2020 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
For Granted and Aliens
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise
Prompt: What are some things in your life you take for granted?

---

I’d really like to say I take nothing for granted, but that would give me the biggest, longest Pinocchio nose.

I guess I, as another human, take too many things for granted such as my five senses, my ability to read, write, think and decide (faultily or not), that my limbs and body are working, that hunger, shelter, and other such needs have never been an issue, that the nature is so versatile, beautiful (and at the same time, deadly), that this planet we are on has beautiful oceans and majestic mountains, that I have heat and air conditioning, that people in their essence are interesting, varied, and mostly decent.

Although I take all these and many other things for granted, I am grateful for *Heart* the friend who came up with this prompt, which made me count my blessings. *Delight*

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*



For: "Space Blog Group
Prompt: From lizco252isback’s "Invalid Item
"We all knew the jerk was inept
But what is life but a reality show"
What do you think? Could life be a reality show that some alien is watching?


===

That thought about the aliens has occurred to me also, and on many occasions. How can it not when so many things and happenings don’t make sense at all? I dare think that not only we are being watched as a reality show but also, we are being played like a computer game, which accounts for the plot twists in our lives and the weird stuff in our daily living.

I mean, this can be true for the fact that I have been watching from a webcam a bald eagle couple in Fort Myers, Southwest Florida, along with possibly millions of people: https://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
That poor raptor couple have no idea that they are being ogled by so many of us, and thus, the possibility or the near-certainty that we are being watched by higher forms of life. Just why wouldn’t the aliens, for many weird reasons of their own, watch us in the same way we watch other species?

More than a few serious physicists such as Enrico Fermi think that due to the age and size of the universe, there has to be civilizations like ours and even much more advanced than ours. Since we, the tiny bumbling earthlings, came up with the idea of webcams, how in the world a more advanced civilization could not come up with a better tool to watch us? Worse yet, play with us?

On the other hand, as a precaution for your mental health, just don’t think about this issue when you are undressing or are in the shower. *Wink* *Bigsmile* *Rolling*



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988314-For-Granted-and-Aliens