*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988973-A-Cup-of-Peace-and-Food
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#988973 added July 23, 2020 at 6:07pm
Restrictions: None
A Cup of Peace and Food
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: "A cup of tea is a cup of peace." What is a cup of peace for you?

-----

I love tea, especially because I mix Bigelow’s Earl Grey with a dark brew like Tazo’s English Breakfast, and I let it brew a few minutes. It is my morning fare that gets me ready to face the day.

I am, however, not sure how something with a good dose of caffeine can deliver peace. I rather think that a cup of Linden tea could do the trick better, there.

In fact, my cup of peace doesn’t come inside an actual cup. I find peace in listening to the rain or getting lost in a good book. Lately, some of my peace has been coming from the TV, a turned-off one that doesn’t annoy me with the election rhetoric, bombardment of ads, and fake news. So, peace is where I find it; except, it may not be in a cup. And it definitely is not on the TV screen.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

From "Food in Writing
Prompt: "There is no love sincerer than the love of food." George Bernard Shaw
Let's write about food today.


Thanks, *Heart* Megan!

Well, I have to say our favorite dish, just the sight of it, ignites something poetic in our consciousness, as food satisfies one of our most essential needs and it doesn’t talk back at us. Luckily!

But, what if food could talk back at me? It would probably chide me by saying, “So you think you are a bon vivant! You idiot! You consume me and look what you turn me into at the end!” ,

Then, I’d have to tell food that, although I might not be able to create security for it and ease its worries, I am forever grateful for what it has given me, my life plus serotonin and oxytocin. If it were not for food, where else would I find my most basic bliss and happiness!

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988973-A-Cup-of-Peace-and-Food