*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989012-Changing-As-We-REad
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989012 added July 24, 2020 at 7:23am
Restrictions: None
Changing As We REad
If you could switch places with one other person, who would it be and why? What in particular would you do?

Fairy playing a flute *Strawberries*


Quote“Maybe it’s time to realize that our greatest contributions are not the monuments that we construct, but the lives that we change because we took the time to add to the monument which is them.”
Craig D. Lounsbrough {/i https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/changing-people

Changling


This is a difficult prompt for me. One of the types of movies I don't enjoy is one where two people move into each others bodies for a time and they learn how it is to live as someone else.

There is an old saying--Walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I remember this being posted on a lot of classroom walls during my life. I guess a real teacher knows what problems students face.

I've struggled to hold on to my own personality and talents for years. I finally realized that to join any church means to leave your real self behind and become one of a crowd that usually is being run by one family that wants to clone itself.

Maybe that is why I've read so much history about the Christ. I wanted to find the real message. I have a picture in my mind of the Messiah sitting on a hill surrounded by hundreds of people who wanted to hear and find something they were not receiving from the general message in their local synagogue.

I don't believe God intends to make us into someone else. He seeks out people who are individuals and know to remain what the core individual really is. Psychology tells us the environment we grew up within pressed itself on our individuality. So, it takes time to become who we really are. That isn't an easy job so working on your individuality may take a lifetime.

To answer this prompt I have to look, really look, at other people around me. K's health is failing and watching another individual meet the fact that he won't be on the earth one of these days is indescribable.

When I look at Hollywood characters I think the most successful actors are one's who know their own individuality and can slip into and out of a role like its a suit they put on for work. You can see I'm still working on my epic.

I know teachers who want students to be like them so they can't really impart knowledge properly because they can't see their own strength yet.

So I'm failing the prompt because I can't visualize the result of living in someone else's skin. I know I would end up applying my own solutions, in my own way, even if I lived someone else's life. People would just dislike some other person for being me.*Laugh*

KEEPON KEEPIN ON!*Mountains* to climb!


© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989012-Changing-As-We-REad