*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989104-The-Week-Isnt-Over
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989104 added July 25, 2020 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
The Week Isn't Over
Reflect on your week. What was challenging? What did you do that made you feel successful? What made you smile?

{/c

Fairy playing a flute*Fairy*

Quotes: "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."

-- Winston S. Churchill

2. "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

-- Herman Melville ttps://www.inc.com/jayson-demers/51-quotes-to-inspire-success-in-your-life-and-business.html

The Week Isn't Over


A truck just drove in with a tractor on the back. Haying season for us is about to commence. Family members are younger and gearing up for haying means maintenance on machinery. Before they hay I will be doing some extra barn cleaning so all they have to do is drive the wagons in and unload.

My week has consisted of keeping laundry going. Trying out a new recipe of Vinegar, salt, and dish soap to kill grass in the dog pen. Mix it fill sprayer, spray the pen. The recipe does kill grass immediately and is biodegradable and won't harm the pets. The down side is that it will have to be put on regularly because it does not kill the roots of weeds or unwanted grasses.

Also, kept the floors vacuumed, dishes done, banking done, household banking data up to date. Mowed the back yard (might mow some more today) Fixed my glasses frame which is falling apart. worked in basement cleaning and rearranging family room. Read books two afternoons. Going to set up the back porch swing today; daily blog and daily playing Township, daily pet maintenance, kept the ice bucket filled, and the watermelon cut so people could eat it at leisure. Meal preparation. This is just daily and weekly living maintenance. Busy work. Storms a couple days this week.

Busy work can be boring but is necessary we can just walk in and out from bigger work and rest instead of do housework. I don't have a routine. Some work is harder than other work. Some weeks I'm more active than other weeks. I'm cooking less because we are eating less. That's actually good for us.

We received a package in the mail a small box. About 6 inches by 8 inches. When it was empty I set it on the floor. The kitten I got last summer has grown into a very large cat. She is actually bigger than my dog by a couple inches high and a couple inches longer. She squashed herself into the box in a sitting position and was quite satisfied with herself. I got a great picture of my dog who walked right up to look at her. The picture is of both of them. It made me smile. Tried to send it to my granddaughter but, the phone won't send or received pictures.

The most challenging part of any week now is having K here 24 hours of the day. He does not feel like doing anything. If he has his druthers he will just sit down all day. It isn't good for either of us to just sit to long. I think it's probably bad for him to have to live with me. After 40 some years I pretty much do what I want, when I want. We don't have a lot in common for every day living causes lots of strife. Lots of yelling over nonessential problems.

THE END{/center











© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989104-The-Week-Isnt-Over