*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989177-Cooking-Opinions
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989177 added July 26, 2020 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Cooking Opinions
What food would you like to judge in a Cook-Off?


Fairy playing a flute {/center

Quote: “Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”
Harriet Van Horne
https://littleraesbakery.com/2020/02/19/12-quotes-about-cooking-from-the-heart/

NOT AT ALL


I do not enjoy cooking. I can cook. You don't raise dairy goats and sheep without learning the art of making cheese and preparing palatable lamb dishes. You don't raise a garden and raise 4 children without learning how to cook. My grandmother taught me to cut up and clean a chicken, my brother taught me the navy way to scramble eggs, my first husband taught me to cook an egg easy over, make tuna casserole and bought some recipe books. My second husband bought me more recipe books. An aunt gave me a recipe for her home made bread. Now I use a bread machine.

I don't like to cook, because I like to snack not eat. K started the garden idea. His family always had a large garden which his father did a lot of the work in it. K's idea is he tells me how to do the work, I do it. Ha. Ain't gonna fly. I like raised beds and container gardening. Lots of flowers. He likes traditional neat rows of vegetables. No weeds. Ha. *Crazy* Who is gonna do the weeding. Over the years one of my sons helped me lay papers between beds to keep down weeds. Helped for awhile. Oh yeah and lots of wonderful cooking means dirty dishes. I do the dishes. Now we have a dish washer.

In his favor, he has been trying to do better since corona. Unloads the dish washer now and then keeps his own room clean. His job he likes and does best is to keep the machinery running. Most of the machinery is elderly and needs maintenance on a regular basis. That's a job I don't like to do. So, he can have it. It's a fairly regular job too. As bad as house cleaning.

I guess I could judge a cheese making cook off or yogurt or even bread and be fairly accurate about what the results should be. Vegetable dishes would be fun too. It just occurred to me if I'm the judge someone else will do the cooking. OK then good deal.

I don't like green beans, however green beans and mushrooms cooked in a butter sauce are pretty good. Salmon patties with a cold salad and strawberries in ice water for a summer cool drink. See I can cook I just don't like to cook. *Laugh*

I'll cook if you do the dishes. Don't forget to clean the table and sweep the floor.





© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989177-Cooking-Opinions