*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
6
7
8
12
15
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989236--MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHYAM-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#989236 added July 27, 2020 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
πŸŒΊπŸ€ MATRI GURU NAMAMAHYAM πŸ€πŸŒΊ
One day in June 1937, when Mrs. C and I were at Almora, to see Ma and Her party off to Kailash, I put to Her the following questions, " we notice that you very carefully cover up your both feet with several folds of cloth. Why do you take so much pains to cover them ? Do you want that we should never look at your feet ?" Ma replied, " It is not as you think. You do not know that so many astral (bodyless) beings, β€” god's, goddesses, saints, rishis and munis come to see this body (i.e., myself). Bare feet should not be shown to them".

In March 1938, when Bholanath was at Tarapith (a shrine in West Bengal), he got an intimation that Ma was suffering from high fever at Raipur (Dehradun). On his way to Raipur, Bholanath halted at New Delhi and informed Ma's devotees there about Her illness. The New Delhi devotees deputed me to Raipur so that I could bring Ma to New Delhi (evidently for medical treatment), if She would consent to come. At Raipur, I saw Ma confined to bed in a room of the old, near-dilapidated dharamshala (free guest house for pilgrims), attached to a Shiva temple. Ma was getting attacks of very high fever on alternate days. The fever would start in the evening and leave Her the next morning. One morning, when She was free from fever, She said to me, β€” " Last evening, while I was conversing with you, the disease-form (Ma could see the distinct subtle forms of different diseases) was sitting at the corner of the room and weeping. It wanted to enter this body (i.e. my body). I told it to wait and enter this body after I was finished the conversation." I said to Ma, β€”" Will you please show me the disease-form ? I will strike it hard with a broom and chase it away". " Why should you drive it away ?" Questioned Ma. " You all love this body and like to play with it. The disease-forms also love this body and like to play with it. Why drive them out ?"Argued Ma. I was bewildered to learn that Ma had the same love and concern for obnoxious disease-forms as for us, Her privileged human devotees.

At a good distance (at least 200 ft) from Ma's room at Raipur Shiva Temple, an elderly Muslim devotee (Talat Hussain) of Ma used to patiently wait daily (often for hours on end) to have Ma's darshan for even a minute or two. Being a Muslim, he was debarred from entering the precints of the Temple. One evening, just after sunset, I went to see this waiting devotee from close quarters. As I got near him, he stood up. His face was beaming with joy. I turned back and looked towards Ma's room. There just in front of Her room I saw Ma in the beautiful form of Devi Parvati (Parvati is the name of Goddess Durga, the Universal Mother) standing at the foot of the Himalayas. Her radiant face and exquisite features betrayed Her divinity. I considered myself blessed to have this rare vision of Ma. The Muslim devotee (Talat Hussain) must be blessed a hundred times, since he enjoyed this vision daily through Ma's grace.

After Bhaiji's demise, I regretfully made a complaint to Ma. I said, " Ma, Bhaiji was the chief of your devotees. At Almora, he passed away in your presence. Why did you not save him ?" Ma's reply was apologetic. " How could I save him ?" She said, " He was continuously praying to me that he might die that time in my presence."


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989236--MATRI-GURU-NAMAMAHYAM-