*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989391-September-30-Fantasy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#989391 added October 2, 2020 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
September 30 Fantasy
Research

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/australian-stinging-trees-release-spide...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scientists-find-secret-molecule-that-allows-ba...
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200916154852.htm
https://phys.org/news/2020-09-mobile-insects-german.html


Editor's Picks

1. With One Bullet
2. The Great Devourer
3. Character Intro - POV Jordan
4. Antagonist Assignment
5. The Inspiration Gnome
6. Trouble in Sahdowfen
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

Preparing for NANOWRIMO

Heading 2

31 days until National Novel Writing Month
Hook

October is the month to plan your novel
About This Newsletter

This is why you should plan your story.

Sometimes,
when I go to rewrite,
I look at the plot
and wonder what
I--or perhaps my character--
was thinking.

At other times,
my plot is hidden
beneath a plate of spaghetti
without meatballs.


Letter From the Editor

It's said there are two kinds of people, those who can write a novel without planning it and those who need to plan the novel. There is no National Novel Planning Month except writing.com. October is NaNo Prep Month, a time to research and plan your novel.

Over the years I have been both kinds of people. One year, I participated in National Novel Writing Month without planning my novel. Another year, I planned the novel before participating in NaNoWriMo. This year I'm participating as a NaNo Rebel, and I am planning my book in October. I am participating in NaNo Prep, which will give me a chance to do some research for some of the entries in my book.

For those of you who want to participate in NaNoWriMo, but aren't participating in "October Novel Prep Challenge you can still plan your novel. The advantage to participating in Prep Month is the exercises that help you prepare for writing the novel. During Prep Month you get a change to plan the plot, the characters, and do research for the novel.

If you are participating in "October Novel Prep Challenge, please answer the following questions. How did planning go for you? Do you prefer to write a novel you've planned or one you haven't planned? Has planning your novel made it easier to write? Is there anything else you want to tell us about your October planning experience?

Editors Picks

With One Bullet  (18+)
The Inquisition deals with psychics one way: a single bullet in the head.
#2024867 by Milo

Excerpt: "We are chosen.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2230175 by Not Available.

Excerpt: As the owner of a curiosities shop, Alma was used to seeing unusual items. It’s what the store was famous for even a century ago when her great grandmother ran it....

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2099119 by Not Available.

Excerpt: It was barely dawn. I could hear my mother organizing the older women of the clan to stoke fires and begin making breakfast. Any early risers were quickly put to work as well with morning chores. I smiled as I rose as quietly as possible from my furs. A good workout with morning chores might be just what I need to loosen up before my trials began.

 
STATIC
Antagonist Assignment  (13+)
For October Prep, stories of non-explicit antagonists
#2013976 by Pumpkin

Excerpt: 1. We are a radical group. We aren't always rational. We have varied beliefs but use a few common ones to excite and arouse our fellow members. We are not one race or one ethnic group. We are not even one nationality. We live all over the world. We have only a few things in common. We hate Westerners, especially Caucasians. Some of us fall into that category technically, but the connotation or association offends us, so we choose to ignore the scientific designation.

 The Inspiration Gnome  (E)
a brief poem about my writing process
#2132997 by Sorji

Excerpt: It happened to me today,
         Like a light in the quiet night.
         It spun my mind into disarray.
         A rude awakening
         In the calm of the lingering dawn.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2231426 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Shadowfen is a kingdom in deep trouble. The crops are withering and dying, the mines have stopped giving their precious deposits, and the fishermen come home with empty nets. Winter is just over the horizon, and Shadowfen wouldn't survive it if things didn't change.

Submitted by Readers

Activities, Groups, and Contests








© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989391-September-30-Fantasy