*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989439-That-Rush-and-the-Muse
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#989439 added July 29, 2020 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
That Rush and the Muse
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: When do you feel rushed?

---

Right now, and always. It isn’t because there aren’t enough hours in the day. It is because some or most of the things I need to do depend on institutions, companies, and other people’s urgencies.

Just to get to the right person or solution, waiting three to four hours on the phone, then either being dropped or if lucky enough, reaching someone to take care of the situation with some solution, which only would take a few minutes, is a hassle. Computers answering the phones and keeping the people on hold hasn’t been a big help either. Then, of course, there are the fake, threatening, and solicitation calls, which eat into the time of the day and my and other people's nerves.

With my own schedule or to-do lists, I usually keep on time, because my motto is, “Do it immediately, now, as it may not get done at all.”

If only the others, such as companies and institutions wouldn’t be so selfish…


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Rhoswen - Relentless Victory ’s "Invalid Item
"Total mind-blank
is here to stay.
I wish my muse would return;
Oh, I want to write something…"

How about you? Do you want to write something? If so, have at it.

---

Oh, that silly muse! I told mine I don’t need such iffy help. I have a keyboard and pencils, pens, and paper in abundance that might last me till Kingdom come, should I live that long.

Thus, I have a solution for those who have stinky muses. Just do it!

My own just-do-it solution is freewriting. I got so much into freewriting lately that when I want to write, say a poem or a story, it ends up being a freewriting exercise, as my blog entries almost always are.

Freewriting, to me, is writing just about anything. I mostly start with an idea, but if my attention takes me to what’s outside the window, within the room, or the bug inside my mind, so be it. Freewriting is a nothing-barred kind of an exercise.

While I am at it, sometimes, a few creative ideas sneak in; then, at other times, something else finds its way into my lines. If I didn’t come up with the subject that I wanted to explore, this may indicate that the subject was not meant for me at that specific time, which doesn’t mean that it won’t ever be addressed because some ideas need time for brewing.

As for the “Oh, I want to write something,” I just did, didn’t I? *Wink* *Rolling*


© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989439-That-Rush-and-the-Muse