*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989566-Orange--the-color-of-my-heart
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#989566 added July 31, 2020 at 3:07am
Restrictions: None
Orange ... the color of my heart
GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox


What's your favorite color and why?

ORANGE and green

I was 10. I was tired of BLUE or RED ... I wanted something that spoke to ME.

It was the tree ... an elm ... that spread its branches . . . but that's another story. It was MY elm. And birds nested in elms. And there were so few birds other than robins and sparrows because there were no trees! I wanted to see an oriole, (or like the baseball team) a Baltimore oriole, the type that hung their nests high up in spreading elm trees.

I also like weeds and one of the small insignificant flowers that one only saw if one was short and sitting on the lawn had pale orange flowers. Later I learned it was the scarlet pimpernel ... way beyond tall people's notice or adults who thought lawns should be mown not sat on.

The orange oriole, the orange flower. The green elm, the green lawn.

There were no clothes for boys where I grew up that were orange. I wore brown and green like a druid wannabe.

But my heart was orange.

2.720

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989566-Orange--the-color-of-my-heart