*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989788-Sydney-Australia
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#989788 added August 3, 2020 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Sydney, Australia
30-Day Challenge: 30 day prompt:
There are a lot of great things to do and see in Sydney but you have one day so pick from the links what appeals to you and discuss what you discovered. Make us envious. Let your imagination get carried away.


signature dancing owl


Only One Day?

I only had one day so I crammed it with the many things I wanted to see. First I centered on the Darling Harbor. I took some time to Brose part of Paddy's market. I bought a bracelet with rhinestones and garnets set as flowers and green glass leaves between each flower, then I found some dark glasses just right for viewing Antarctic coldness on a sunshiny day and a small stuffed kangaroo. There was so much see at the market but I could not stay to see it all.

I simply had to check out the Chinese garden of Friendship. It was so beautiful with Chinese architecture and plants; birds and ducks; in a water setting complete with water falls. Perfect peace after the rowdy busy market place. These gardens are a picturesque model formed to show the way the Ming dynasty gardens are modeled.

Next, I checked out the Choo Choo express at the Botanical Gardens. It was a perfect way to rest and view the Botanical Gardens. And, it's the only way to see as much as possible of the gardens during the time space we have. There are 45,000 species of plants on 75 acres in the Gardens. The Choo Choo express drives through, with a guide that explains each part. The Choo Choo stops to pick up passengers. You can disembark and walk around any particular place, than get back on as the next Choo Choo drives through. I saw a herb garden with so many herbs from around the world and a special rose garden. There are streets with street signs for walking running all through the gardens so you won't get lost if you have a guide.

The ferry ride from wharf 3 stops at Linn Park and the Toranga zoo. It also goes by the opera house which is a beautiful opera house.

Then of course the specialty of the day was the blue mountain tour.

Blue Mountain




By the end of the day I was happy to settle into the hotel. It is very clean and takes many special troubles because of pandemic. The views from the rooms are beautiful. I'm looking forward to the extra large breakfast since I will need lots of food fuel for tomorrow.

I could only fit all this site seeing in on a virtual tour and live to tell about it. In reality it would take a week to do all the tours and see so many sights.

Time to rest. Lights Out.



© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989788-Sydney-Australia